The plaza was constructed in the late 70’s and was in great need of restoration. The project consisted of:
- The removal of existing topping slab and hot applied waterproofing membrane (18,000 SF.)
- Removal of a 2,000 SF precast planter (soil removal and precast planter walls.)
- Installation of new hot applied waterproofing system and five inch topping slab (18,000 SF.)
- New 1,200 SF precast planter with extensive landscaping design.
- New overhead can lights, custom made wall sconces, and decorative lighted bollards.
- New barrier cable system.
- Installation of new dual drains throughout the new plaza.
Painting of all existing plaza columns and EIFS. Challenges:
- Entire plaza is located over commercial space, including a 24-hour gym.
- The number one priority during demo was keeping all occupied spaces leak free.
- The entire plaza was tented to keep the wet weather out.
- The entire topping slab concrete was pumped in place because of plaza access restrictions.
- All of the newly installed hot applied waterproofing was water tested by using the Electronic Field Vector Mapping (EFVM) to test to ensure a watertight system.