by Tom Brooks Chief Operating Officer
Western was founded in 1915.
A lot has changed since then. And Western has been right here in the trenches the entire time, providing trusted advice about building envelope restoration and maintenance to thousands of people.
But you might actually be surprised at how much has remained the same.
Fads come and go. Tactics change. New contractors enter the industry, then fade away. But there are a few fundamental mindsets, strategies, and tools that we've seen work throughout our entire 100+ year history.
One of those tools is the building inspection.
Take the guesswork out of your in-house inspections
Since 1915, Western has been pioneering restoration and preservation techniques that deliver superior quality and results.
The solutions we develop for our customers and their properties have been tested and implemented on thousands of buildings all across the country.
With this foundational expertise, Western knows what it takes to conduct effective in-house building inspections as well as anyone. We know which parts of the building you need check and the small warning signs you can't afford to miss.
Putting all that knowledge in one place
In our inaugural issue of this monthly digital publication, we talk about:
- The fastest way to make your building maintenance program more effective
- Why building inspections are so critical to your success
- A handy 3-step process for organizing the information on your property
- How to save time and money by planning your inspection
- And a whole lot more …
In other words, we cover the fundamentals of doing an annual building inspection that will put you miles ahead of the rest of the industry.
There might not be a more important topic when it comes to helping you create a winning difference as a property management professional.
Here's to your future success.
All the best,
Note: Western Specialty Contractors does not provide licensed design, engineering, or architectural services. But Western has great relationships with engineering firms across the country, and when appropriate, we can recommend a design professional, or work with one provided by the Client.
In This Issue
- The Quickest Way to Make Your Maintenance Program More Effective
- Why are Regular Building Envelope Inspections so Important?
- The Secrets of Efficient Property Inspections (Even for Construction Non-Experts)
- How to Use a Building Component Inventory to Provide Clients More Value
- 3 Keys to Doing Successful Property Inspections
- Western's Visual Guide & Checklist for In-House Parking Garage Inspections
- When and How Often to do Exterior Property Inspections
- 5 Ways to Tap into the Big-Time Power of Condition Ratings
- How to Add Building Envelope Inspections to Your Maintenance Program
- Property Inspections — The Critical First Step (Free Ebook)
- How Building Inspections Make Your Life Way Easier
- Why Building Issues Aren't Random (and How to Get Ahead of Them)
About Tom Brooks
Tom Brooks is the Chief Operating Officer for Western, the largest specialty contractor in building envelope and parking garage restoration in the United States. He leads a team of 1,250+ employees and oversees all aspects of the day-to-day operations for Western’s 30 branch locations across the country.